9.27.2008

twelve and a half hours


i came home last night from buying a few more papers for my journal. i spent about 45 minutes longer in the store than i anticipated, but it was a kid-in-a-candy-store situation and i couldn't make up my mind what papers i wanted. had there been an unlimited budget, i probably would have purchased half of their selection. here are a few.

i came home last night and crawled into bed. i stopped long enough to take my mini skirt off, but that was about it. i anticipated resurfacing an hour or so later, but the first time i woke up, it felt like midnight and i immediately gave up on plans of dinner or even changing out of leggings and radiohead shirt.

sleep was viscous. any time i woke, staring out the open window at the orange streetlight boring into my room, i would shift away and hazily think "i'm going to sleep through the night...weird...please don't stay awake at 3 o'clock...." this happened countless times throughout the night and my fears of not being able to sleep were always unfounded. i finally woke for keeps at 7:30am. ravenous and sloughing off the last of my bizarre dreams.

last night was supposed to be the set up for a long and productive weekend. i had planned on cleaning house a little. starting my acting assignments, etc, but perhaps a full night of rest was the best thing for me. i can only assume so since my body has an internal gage that never lets me sleep longer than 9 or 10 unless i'm sick or i really need it.

to the weekend: bring it on.

i'm already over an hour into a cafe going session. armed with laptop, cell phone (that still is a little wonky with the texting alerts), journal and thom yorke links. my one goal for the day is to write about my '08 radiohead tour. last night provided an unexpected inspiration in the form of an apple store employee who noticed my concert shirt and initiated a conversation about the tour. she, too, had been at auburn and had been blown away by the show. needless to say i had a lot to say about the band, the tour, etc...

No comments: