9.10.2008

a blessing in disguise

juat a little thing that almost put me down for the count. it was the the end of a long day: waking up late, having a stupid mishap getting gas, going to the doctor (yes, the doctor) and getting a perscription for antibiotics (gasp! yes, antibiotics), then going to the pharmacy to get this healing party started....only to find that the perscription wasn't faxed to the pharmacy.





crash and burn. suddenly the antibiotics i was being chained down and forced to take were my one lifeline and i had to have them five minutes ago!





i crawled home, venting to john the whole way, then got the idea to call the pharmacy that had been initially discussed (who never got the cancel notice, which was good), and had them transfer the perscription to a location not 40 miles away. order is restored. waiting for the perscription to be filled would make me late for class, but the teacher knew i was fighting kidney troubles which, of course, trumped being on time.

suddenly the tragedy of the perscription mix up became a gift of 40 minutes giving me the opportunity for dinner and even a shower letting me feel human again for the first time since my kidneys decided to try and dig themselves out of my body last friday.


so, thank you dr. lasage or whichever admin didn't make the switch. you probably saved my sanity last night (and by default, the sanity of the entire cast i'm working with too).




currently listening to: a mix and mash of bon iver, thom & radiohead.

No comments: