10.21.2008

sunday shinnanigans

the day started out pretty perfectly. slept in. wrote my three morning pages for the artist's way. blogged again. had toaster waffles for breakfast and savored the feeling of the day spreading out before me.

but at some point i hit a snag and suddenly the day was running away from me, abandoning me with an incomplete to do list and nagging anxiety. so i flew in the face of my worries and went on a walk to a local park to meet a friend and her friend for a gleeful bout of leaf jumping.

the walk there was amazing. i listened to sæglópur on repeat with my arms swinging out from my body in a carefree dance as my sandaled feet and half-exposed arms slowly warmed in the sunshine and cool air. it was brilliant. and the leaf jumping even more so.

this was the pile:















this was what it was like to be in the pile:





































































this is the view from the pile:




















currently listening to: analyse (from the basement recording) - thom yorke

No comments: