12.08.2008

my neighbors - pt 1.

i have met one person in the building (aside from the lovely management trio - including the six year old they just adopted). she's on my floor and her name is lisa. i saw her enter earlier in the evening on saturday and then tapped on her door when i realized i do not have a can opener. the previous one i owned i had given to a roommate who annoyingly would always take the house's ONE canopener with her to work leaving the house (and the other four housemates) nothing. when new roommates came in (with their own canopeners) and she left, i sent it with her. anyway, lisa saved the coconut curry that sheree was making for us in my kitchen while i puttered around and unpacked a little before we went to the play that night {more on that play later}.

and i have met a few people on the streets and not just the {mom, close your eyes} slightly uncomfortable encounters with the addicts and transients of the neighborhood. i met mariko, a girl from my high school crew team, outside my building one night last week. and last night i met a good samaratin guy who helped me carry the table top of my dining room table into the building and next to the elevator. no, i didn't let him help me carry it to my door up five floors even though i could tell he was willing to help further and not a threat by any means. and the "unthreatening" assessment was made even before he assured me he wasn't trying to steal it. i quipped that if he could run faster than me carrying it by himself, he probably deserved it anyway.

have i mentioned this before? no? well then: i love my neighborhood.

currently listening to: 2+2=5 {live} - radiohead

No comments: