12.21.2008

lykke li and sensuality

i have a lot to say about the intersection of beauty, desire and sensuality, but bauhaus is closing {early!} in 19 minutes, so i won't even begin except to toss out a few things rattling around in my head the loudest.

1. i collect things that have quirky angles and worn edges. i seek them out and display them in a reverential manner and i give them the grace and space to be beautiful. but...
2. i exclude myself not only from traditional, luminescent beauty that i will never have the genes for, but also the above kind of beauty. the earned beauty. the unconventional. the idiosyncratic.
3. it was wisely suggested to me by a good friend {the same that pointed out #2} that i should view my body not as an object of beauty, but as an instrument of the senses.
4. enter sensuality.
5. i found this video last week and see her as a perfect marriage of quirky beauty and sensuality:




6. i bought her album, youth novels, on friday and have been dancing around my house all weekend to her funky, cheery songs.


currently listening to: dance, dance, dance from youth novels - lykke li

1 comment:

Sahra said...

:-) I just got the Lykke Li album too and I lovelovelove it