8.08.2011

nights 20 to 24

night 20 wasn't spent at the b & b, but at the house of one of my hawaiian co-workers who lived about 5 minutes from where i had been staying. we had a fortuitous crossing of paths the night i was deciding whether or not to extend my stay and she offered up a spare bedroom in the house where she lives. her little old lady housemate spends half her year in washington state so i go to use her bed and admire her very brightly colored collection of artwork she has made and acquired. i regret not documenting the animal masks on her wall that were charming and sweet.

as you can see, my stuff was immediately dumped on to the bed and floor in order to re-organize all my things into the suitcase {probably one of my least favorite parts of travel}.



----------------------------

night 21 was roughing it by my standards. a seat on a plane. 40A. at least there was a window and more than ample space for my legs. on dint of being bumped to a later flight, i got an exit row and bulkhead to boot.



----------------------------

nights 22 to 24 have posed the first real challenge to my self-imposed transience. upheaval. unwelcome. hormones. family. enough said.

a good reminder that nothing and no one can threaten me unless i choose to allow them to. unfortunately, i did for a bit, but now we are on the other side. also a good test of my safety network of friends that within two phone calls i had two alternate places to stay should it come to that. luckily it did not, so here i remain until tomorrow night {which will be the welcome first of my longer stays}:





nomad {auntie} nate, writing from covington, washington.

No comments: