8.06.2011

the last gift of the islands

tonight, after a precise series of events (from having to sit outside check-in to scarf down my passionfruit because the dept of agriculture wouldn't let me take it home to the arduous decision of what chocolates to purchase for my family--we take chocolate very seriously) i ended up at the ticket counter to ask about frequent flier mile membership just as they were announcing the need for volunteers to be bumped to a later flight. being right there i was first in line on the new flight which leaves at a more convenient time, arrives at a more convenient time, has an open exit row seat for my long legs AND scores me a $400 flight voucher.

feeling the magic tonight and strangely not sad at all about vacation coming to an end. it was the perfect length of time and i have a new niece to come home to, nomad adventures to look forward to and a reduced work schedule which will help me bring a little balance back into my life.

more on the transition (i was hoping to write more while on vacation but i was having too much fun) and more photos soon!

-nomad nate

writing from the honolulu airport waiting for my san francisco midnight departure.

No comments: