8.03.2011

nights 16 to 19/20

not sure how long i'll end up staying in hawaii. crossing my fingers for an extra day. the current plan is to leave on thursday which will give me only one more full day. but i really need more. need the time to sink into rest. sink into not-working. sink into myself. either way, i have been enjoying myself greatly {once i got all the weird complaints/work hiccups/false alarms out of the way--kind of ruined the first day of vacation for me}. a huge part of that what has been great about my time is the host of where i am staying. he's a local who rents out rooms in his house and provides an amazing garden to graze upon, serving up an incredible breakfast each day. he is a wealth of knowledge about the area and even took me to a yoga class early this morning.

the physical space initially presented some disappointments for me. my need for aesthetic harmony is greatly challenged, which hasn't bothered me in other spaces, but here i found myself more rigid at first since i am paying money--i feel like everything should be up to a certain standard. mine. and while i am not a princess needing gold knobbed bathtubs, i do lean more towards being a neat freak in terms of tidiness and aesthetically i am a snob. this is something i am aware of and it's part of the reason i'm taking on the challenge of nomadacy, but it's been good to stretch myself into acceptance and enjoyment of something outside of my comfort zone.

so here we are, eco lodge on hali'ewa, north shore, hawaii. nights 16 to 19 or 20, depending.




writing from hali'ewa, oahu island, hawaii.

No comments: