8.20.2011

hawaii


long overdue. thanks for your patience. bon apetite.

waimea valley botanical gardens.
i could have spent a whole day here swimming in the waterfall pool
much less laying under the monkey trees that are stunning.
.


on the last night, a coworker {and friend}
put me up for the night i extended my stay.
we walked part of the way out to kaena point,
the northwestern most point of oahu,
and enjoyed the dying day.
she took a few photos of me in the dusk.

.
.

.


the final run out to kaena point the morning of my last day.
sadly, i didn't see any albatross.


i drove down the east coast the final day stopping at shark's cove for lunch at the grill, valley of the temples for a meditative prayer and to ring the massive bell, the pali lookout for some windy but breathtaking views and a few random spots along the way.

.
.
.




back on waikiki for the last hour before my departure, i took a few self-portraits with a frangipani. as i head to the end of my current journal, i noticed the photo i took of myself at the beginning was a self-portrait with a frangipani as i was traveling in australia visiting a dear friend. here i am, over 7 years later and back in the tropics in the first time since then. had to complete the cycle as i began, with a simple, fragrant flower in my hair.

1 comment:

John Z said...

Gonging the bell at the Valley of the Temple is totally worth it. Everyone should do that one. Glad you got the chance. Such a child-like fun moment.