8.12.2011

busy thursday

how do i get so busy?
this morning's commute included picking up my rent deposit refund the new company was slow to procure, dropping off cds to fedex, going to work, work, racing about to pick up a collection of short films from the film festival, fighting traffic to get home in time to go on a run. fail, so skip run. do other things i am behind on instead. fight traffic to west seattle to a friend's house to watch said short films. stop by my local organic grocery store on the way to pick up dinner (i still owed him a big thank you for helping me move). come home after midnight.
whew.
i still had time to reflect and let sink in the realization of how many habits, actions, knee jerk reactions and defenses in my life are due to the fact that i finish many thoughts with the silent suffix "because i am not nearly perfect enough."
reprogram. reprogram. reprogram.
i have been repeating to myself to great effect, one simple sentence my brother suggested: no matter what happens, i love you.

2 comments:

Joe Viviano said...

Hi there--
In my short time on earth, I've learned there's a significant difference between being busy and being productive.

Thanks for sharing your insights.

-Joe

nathania tenwolde said...

hey joe,

i completely agree--and well said to boot. i always have a sense of connectivity and feeling good about what i'm doing when i'm being productive, whereas when i'm busy, i always feel like there isn't quite enough time and i'm a rat on a wheel and oh my god when can i have a moment to myself!?!? that sort of thing. :)

productive. it's always nice to have a good word to aim for when there is a need for change. i will aim for that word and the feeling i know accompanies it.

thanks for stopping by and leaving a line that you did. i always appreciate it.

btw, i went to school in st. louis missouri.* say hi to the midwest for me. :)

~nathania

*i'm not a creepy stalker. i checked out your blog/profile. :)