3.16.2011

a year ago today...

i had tickets to see thom yorke in new york city at the beginning of april. the flight was booked. i was ready and stoked. but more on this later....

a year ago today i was also one week into the injections for the egg donation. bruises were starting to accumulate on my lower abdomen but it was only getting easier and easier to poke myself each night. at this point, it was still one injection a night, but that was enough to handle for the time being.

and today i got a reply to an email asking if the family was willing to share any details or even confirmation of a healthy birth. the email was so warm. the glow carried across in the words forwarded from the worker assigned to our match. they had a wonderful pregnancy, a long, but complication free delivery and are now parents of a healthy three month old girl. they are in love. she is beautiful. and i believe every word of it.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad to hear - it must feel pretty uniquely wonderful!

Lu

John Z said...

That was a year ago already? Wow.

I'd have been surprised if anything had gone wrong.

Are you still thinking about doing it again?

nathania tenwolde said...

Lu - yes, in some ways it's amazing and in other ways it's kind of surreal. Until I actually see the kid (which is possible if she wants to contact me come 18) I think there's always an edge of unrealness I can't get away from. It's a part of the process I guess. But I do have a lovely image of her in my head...

John - you know, I don't think I will try to hard to do this again. It was pretty hard on my body. Gained weight, my cycle was off for about 6 months, etc...if this particular family wanted another kid then I might just, but not really jonsing to do that again.