1.20.2011

new miles


nothing like a bit of righteous anger and a new pair of running shoes to get me back into the swing of running. let me say here first, though, that i have never identified as a runner. even in middle and early high school i loathed distance running on the cross country team {until i was able to give up due to knee problems} and only tolerably enjoyed the sense of teamwork and hard exercise of the track {though the 400m and 4x400 meter race still makes me happy for whatever weird reason}.

so, here i am, completely surprised three runs into what i hope is a new habit and easily trekking 5 to 6 miles without too much stress. the last time i ran with any regularity {2.5 years ago}, it was a good day if i got 3 miles in, so i am justly proud of myself. i haven't been able get myself to a gym for about a year now and craved something more cardiovascular than yoga, which i am also hoping is a new habit.

wish me luck.

2 comments:

John Z said...

Good luck! I never liked running, but I have always enjoyed walking.

And I used to do Yoga quite a bit but I'm down to just a few sun salutes daily lately. Both good habits heartily recommended.

Are there any rowing teams you can get into?

nathania tenwolde said...

i'm actually not really interested in joining a team. i don't want fees, schedules, anything like that. i just want cardio and freedom. the only thing i'm interested in committing to and attending is a 10 class card at yoga which again gives me flexibility. :)