10.02.2011

6:30am

as always seems to happen when life is about to pick me up and squeeze me in a bear hug of change, 6:30am has been greeting me each day with surprising regularity and an unfortunate amount of enthusiasm. a typical element of any big transition is burning a bit brighter, bolder and longer (as in burning the 2am oil) so an early morning wakeup call feels more than a little frustrating. can't i review my life sometime between 2 and 4 pm??!?!
but as inconvenient as the timing feels, if my mind asks, my body delivers, and they both find in the hours between 6:30 and when i actually need to get up a sweet silence that lets me hear the questions/memories/desires running through my head all that much clearer.
and as dark o'clock turns to dawn o'clock i watch the parts of the room around me distinguish itself from the night as a fitting metaphor for the process happening inside my head.

No comments: