8.18.2009

in response to "thom cat"

mmmmmm.....yes. here i am in my apt, putting away laundry. enjoying not only the new radiohead that they've been sending out into the world (my current favorite of the new stuff is "all for the best" which never stops breaking my heart), but also enjoying the small opportunity i recently had to relive bits of last summer's tour.

i had headshots taken this sunday and pretty quickly my vancouver, bc photographer and i realized we were both in the crowd at thunderbird stadium last august, almost exactly a year ago. a whole animated conversation ensues.

now i'm in my apartment, trying to congeal my life into a coherent direction forward and knowing it's all cooking inside me, i just am waiting until the moment i'm ready to start moving...or perhaps waiting for the anais nin quote to manifest itself back into my life:

one must be thrust out of a finished cycle in life,
and that leap is the most difficult to make
—to part with one's faith, when one would rather renew
the faith and recreate the passion.

radiohead is playing via shuffle and i'm puttering around, organizing and cleaning my exterior space, while internallly i'm uttering silent prayers along the lines of universe, what this world needs is one more artist making a living off the art they create, and particularly one dedicated to making it easier for other artists to do so as well. please elect me for the next one to step forward.
though oftentimes it's more simple
the right things are happening, i'm okay, things are moving. relax. breathe.

i'm currently looking for new housing, and on the way home from browsing the top floor apt of a neighborhood building, i randomly thought about this stray "mike" i have in my phone book. it's a teasing number to my memory. a 360 area code. i scan through all the mike's i know, which of course evoked you, properly filed under the "h" section of my phone book. but i guess what i'm saying is, about 30 minutes before you sent this email you meandered through my mind.

how are you? how is thom cat?

~n

No comments: