5.11.2009

the answer is still no.

i had to ask again today.
i had questioned my memory of his no too many times in the past day and a half.

did you sleep with her?
he calmly repeated his no.

we briefly went back to the first time he answered me.
he said that when i dissolved into near hysterics he wasn't sure i had heard the answer correctly. but no, i had heard and understood the no. it was just a huge release of so much. so much more than the denial on saturday warranted. but for some reason i needed this particular story at this particular moment to evoke all the others.

we moved on to some gentle jokes where i asked him if he'd slept with various people of our mutual acquaintance {and even a few he's never met} so i could practice exercising my right to ask. my questions got more and more ludicrous so we could laugh together over the growing facetiousness in my requests and his silly retorts.

it was good.

No comments: