12.20.2011

outside in

in some {many} ways the journey of the play proof took me lengthwise through my failure complex {which not so coincidently walks hand in hand with my perfectionism} and i am still recovering from the residual beliefs reinforced by that internal onslaught. in light of the lingering effects, it was perfect timing for these images to surface a few days ago from tara & nathanael's wedding i attended this fall. 

they capture me at just that perfect moment of unconscious and unknowing grace. that place of beingness that warrants so much more self-compassion than i am usually able to give on a good day, much less on the other side of two months of internal abuse. 

so helping me return to return to the tenderness and compassion my soft, six foot machine so richly deserves, here are two photos from the amazing photographer who documented the day, jeremy leffel



and with a touch of irony 1. i have always believed myself to be awkward and clumsy on the dance floor and 2. of course, i always choose to be behind the camera or manning it for self-portraits because i believe i'm the only one who can find good angles on my quirky features.

No comments: