2.02.2011

the baby.

last sunday night i had an intense dream about being pregnant {documented here} and now, a week and a day later, i dreamed i gave birth.

i was at work and rather suddenly i was on the other side of giving birth to a baby boy. the birth itself wasn't really depicted in the dream, i just got the sense that i had a birth story much like a good friend just described for her 2nd child: ease-full and short, ending with her catching him herself while standing in the shower. i wasn't in a shower in my dream, but i do remember the sense of surprise at how simple it was and suddenly i had a baby in my hands and was wondering if the hospital would charge me for giving birth at the hospital even if i didn't use their facilities.

i was given/helped myself to a room and was setting up a space for the two of us when i noticed this thick, translucently white substance {almost like egg whites, but milky white} covering his hair and part of his face/body. i took him over to the sink and washed it gently off and was amazed to discover how absolutely beautiful he was. he was a radiant skinned, luminous blue eyes looking up at me so directly, completely calm and perfectly plump baby. and his hair. my goodness, how i remember his hair. longish, thick and a deep blond. disheveled just the way i adore it. he was amazing and the dream ended with me standing there, gazing down at this being with love and awe.

so, i'm left to wonder: what is being manifested so clearly into my life? called to my attention with these dreams of the ultimate act of creation? i don't know, but what i do know is that whatever it is it will be wonderful.


{this is one of the shoots i will remember for a while--already the shoot is months back.
this baby was amazing. so calm and adorable.
the hair color and texture isn't right, but everything else hits the spot}

3 comments:

John Z said...

Big change. Probably not a literal baby yet.

nathania tenwolde said...

goodness me, no babies in my near future please, beyond those i photograph myself and will be auntie to. :)

i hope it was clear in the entry that it's a conceptual creation, not literal baby...

John Z said...

It was clear. I was just responding to your closing question.

Sorry to cause chaos. =)