11.03.2010

singing lessons

okay, so because i think singing is the *last* art i could ever participate in, i am going to deliberately walk into my fears and take some singing lessons.

this is terrifying.

and because i have been taking myself too seriously lately, i thought i would put myself out there a little more and record myself singing and then SHARE it. i spent over an hour trying to get the perfect clip of me singing a sunday smile, but i think i like this one because of how imperfect it is and how much i need to stretch into and own myself in imperfect spaces.

so i am working on being okay with an unflattering angle on my face, shy run-on jabber, a hiccup in the first measure or two that forced me to restart AND, most preciously, a hilarious ending that could never be faked. so, enjoy.

4 comments:

cwth said...

you should have sung the itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout (:

nathania tenwolde said...

the itsy bitsy spider isn't going anywhere any more...

"the itsy bitsy spider, crept through nathania's house.
down came the paper and smushed the spider out.
out came the light and took the spider home
and the itsy bitsy spider crept up to heaven's clouds."

the end.

Sahra said...

You go girl! That's not an easy song to sing btw
Oh, and that ending was priceless :D
thanks for the smile

nathania tenwolde said...

hey sahra, well, yes, it isn't. and he does quite a lot of fun layering stuff with a loop or multiple tracks that i can't do, but it's a fun one. and anyway, my previous voice teacher of the past 10 years was thom yorke (but only when i'm alone--in the car, shower, housecleaning) so whatever i've learned i've learned from the best. :}

glad you liked the laugh.