6.03.2010

the first photos.



so. i decided to go for it. really really go for it. and here are the first few photos after seriously upgrading my camera equipment.

and the funny thing is, when i was first daydreaming about the possibility of owning this particular camera, i was sitting in my car outside my apartment, talking on the phone with a filmmaker friend of mine {this particular camera is being used to shoot professional film and video}. i was lamenting about how much i wanted the mark 2 over the 7D {the context being the significant price difference}. as i said this a group of mid to late teens passed by on the street. they were a rough and tumble group loud and fun amongst each other and the life moving with them. and one of them toward the back of the pack stepped away for a second to catch my eye and shouted with a big smile "don't settle for less. get the mark 2" and then he walked away.

i felt like a prophet had spoken to me, even as i shied back thinking nonono, too much. but here we now are. and such a happy couple.

i wish i could thank that boy.

so, everyone, meet my new friend "mark", and a little taste of lovely images i'll get to take with him.

the family in the photos are my friends.
i took some belly shots for them, then new born photos
and now here we are 6 months into their son's life.







1 comment:

Sprague said...

These are beautiful pictures! It looks like you are having lots of fun with your new camera. I hope you will take more of Violet again sometime, you are so talented. :)
~Rachel