3.09.2009

absence

i haven't posted since last thursday.
excepting the post i just conjured almost for the sake of posting--almost.
i have been meaning to mark my progress on the painting for a while,
but,
i think i really just wanted to mark my presence here.
ping.
enter this space that is personal and purposeful.
i don't have anything in particular in my hands except a desire to sit here and hang out.

i feel a little like the man in last pages of the book the giving tree. he just wants to sit and rest with the stripped and bare tree. nothing in particular beyond just that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sits next to Nat*

cwth said...

"sometimes the wheels fall off
sometimes you can’t get up
sometimes i just sit and think
and i don’t talk much
sometimes the world moves fast
sometimes you can’t keep up
sometimes i just sit and think
but i don’t think much"

neil halstead: sometimes the wheels

on another note i just read the giving tree this past weekend at my moms (:

nathania tenwolde said...

john: thanks. :)
cam: the giving tree was the first book i was given (that i know of/still own). which reminds me to send you the essay i wrote on my children's book collection....