5.05.2012

optimist

i am coming to the end of two weeks of a controlled fall, where lots of big pieces i held gently in my hands suddenly started unraveling all at once in slow motion. nothing i tried to do was able to stop the momentum and chaos reigned for a bit despite my best efforts. but i am grateful for the warning, grateful for the meandering pace, and especially grateful for the slowness of it all giving me the chance to back up my ailing hard drive, save my unedited europe photos, and resign myself to having this stubborn cyst sliced from my lip that won't otherwise let it go.

i'm not sure where i'm going next, but i'll be carried forward by this music which i had the honor of seeing performed live last night by the breathtaking cellist, zoe keating. the videos below will give you just a taste of the magic that is her music as she records every intricate layer of her song, playing with and against herself in such wonderful ways.


yes, it's easy to be optimistic when this is on repeat:





and since i really can't only pick one favorite from the night, i will leave you with this one as well. the title appropriately embracing a sense of fatalism that is of the moment.


No comments: