2.07.2012

vienna {at night}

vienna was a special leg of my trip. being the second city i visited, i had started to get a feel for the less rigid pace of vacation. the rhythm of never-ending days off in a row had absorbed itself into my spirit and exhaustion had not yet started to sneak in.

my time was split between jogs along the alte donau, eating amazing food with ellie and emmerich {i was in the city for less than 4 hours before being taken out for a substantial rack of spare ribs}, being given a tour of good austrian wine and a sampling of e & e's whiskey collection, and being reunited with gustav klimt.

more photos, but for now, here are a few shots taken as i meandered about the city one evening before heading back to their apartment in time for an incredible dinner prepared on a raclette grill.


Vienna - Night

4 comments:

define.interesting said...

wow! Those pictures are gorgeous! and I really love your writing style its very emotional and wonderfully descriptive :)

define.interesting said...

Come leave a suggestion at my blog!
noteveninterested.blogspot.com
:)

Spring said...

These are so beautiful. I can barely believe this is the city that I grew up in. But these pictures took me back and I remembered walking through similar streets in the evening, and the way that the sounds would echo between the buildings. Even the way the air would smell on cold and clear winter days. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

nathania tenwolde said...

Spring, you are so welcome! I am flattered to hear how well they capture the city you remember. I really fell in love with Vienna in a very special way. There is really just something about that city....