1.24.2012

the beginning of the end

today was a bon iver day, zig zagging through back roads of ireland and getting a little bit turned around in the busy city streets of dublin.
today was a giddy laughter day punctuating the small cloud of sadness the three of us feel at our imminent departures.
today was a painkiller day, feeling my body betray me in an added insult to the injury of deep exhaustion.
today was my second to last day of my trip.

my plans changed while in rome and i have only been happy about the decision i made then to come home a few days early. i need a small bubble of time on the other side of travel, to arrive, to ground, to sleep the sleep of the travel-worn and jet-lagged. i am also impatient to begin apartment searching and begin my life on the other side of being a nomad. i also come home to intersect during a few precious days of overlap...

home, here i come. just a few days more.

No comments: