7.15.2011

tabula rasa

exactly a year ago today i moved into my apartment.
and tonight will be the last night i sleep here, on my bed, and amongst my things all jumbled about halfway into boxes.

happy anniversary, my darling space. a year is all we were given, but the future is calling me forward and i cannot help but listen.

i stand by the certainty that packing up and storing my life for 3 1/2 months is the right thing to do, but it's looking more than a little daunting from where i sit, perched among boxes. my kitchen is mostly gone, closets empty, and i found a little heartbreak that i've been carrying around. it first showed up a week ago as i put my salad tongs into a box, realizing for the first time that i won't see them, or any of my other things for almost a third of a year.

but just as my body is stripping down it's layers under the gentle pressure of my cleanse and the rest of my life is merely following suit.

so here we are today. not sure where we'll be tomorrow*. and that's okay, nathania. that's okay.







*metaphorically. i know physically where i'll be tomorrow night {and for the next week} for all those mothers and mother figures out there.

1 comment:

John Z said...

Some of us concerned types are a tad more masculine than mother figures.

Just sayin'. =)