9.30.2009

the last of the domes




so, i turned in my keys today.
both sets.
but only one mail box key.

goodbye 1514 bellevue ave
goodbye my dear friend, the church dome next door
goodbye ivy colored wall i won't see turn bright red with the fall
goodbye {for now} hardwood floors, high ceilings and darling light fixtures.
goodbye {for now} glass doorknobs and built in bookshelves with glass doors.

as an aside, last weekend i crossed paths
with several artists i was working with
last year when i first moved into
apartment #509 and all of them, in
some cases before i even mentioned
moving, said they remembered fondly
the photographs of the space and the
lovely details of the building.

a lot of stress earlier in this month
{and by a lot i mean can't get out of bed in the morning or stop crying amounts of stress}
came from a conflict i only yesterday put together.
a crucial piece was missing
but i met by chance in the hallway
one of the two parties involved,
and discovered he had never been mad at me.

so thank you forgiveness gods for giving me just the piece i needed and for giving me a chance to apologize anyway.

so onward i go.

my new apartment is unfolding.
a landing-place to rest for an undetermined amount of time.
a lot of things on my "to do" list
like change my address with the bank,
cell phone, post office {whoopsie}, school loans, etc.
boring but necessary.

in the meantime, i'm enjoying getting rid of things.
i'm enjoying more windows {twice as many}
i'm enjoying having a kitchen two people can fit in at the same time.
i already love my view of sunsets and the mountains and the water.
i love the sun that hits my back when i sit on my bed in the morning.
i love getting to hang out with one of my best friends all the time.
and i love sharing food and going shopping together.

i am looking forward to:
getting the last of the house unpacked
having a place to make art projects
having enough presence to blog regularly
and enough stability and confidence to start auditioning
working to make artwork with inmates of the washington correction center for women
the project working with veterans that is looooooming
the fun of my relationship to return fully after a couple months of displacement stress
getting my feet under me with my new job
working out regularly
hanging out with dear ones again
feeling put together
praying not just because i'm maxed out.
yes.


1 comment:

John Z said...

I'll miss that apartment.But I'm very glad that you got to talk to the guy and say goodbye in peace, and I'm glad for your new place.