9.12.2009

the cousins

well, the single, female cousins:
kathryn, rhitu, hannah and me. kathryn wasn't grumpy as she appears
below.

(not pictured)
there's the single male cousins in another room: nick and my brother
dagob.

and the married cousins: brenna and her new husband, mike & my sister
bimi and her not as new husband, chris.

but the crowning glory goes to the newly (and still shyly) engaged
cousin, melissa, who kept her left hand strategically under some paper
the whole conversation she had with us but betrayed her nonchalance
with an extra stretch to her smile.

then there are the absent cousins: my sister, ellie, my cousins laura
and annie, and my cousin, laurens. they've all recently started new
jobs or new schools and couldn't make it.

2 comments:

KT said...

sp -- it's "Laurens"

I am stuck in San Francisco for the forseeable future, which would be a lot more bearable if I wasn't so aware of the fact that I could have been spending more time with you all... SO nice to see you. You are so beautiful.

nathania tenwolde said...

shoots! i knew there was something different about the spelling of his name.

and yes....it was lovelylovelylovely to see you. sorry you were detained in sf. hannah and i had a nice chat bumming around that day and wish you could have been with us too.