7.10.2009

elliot bay book company

my mosey through the bookstore in pioneer squared found me eventually in the back room where they keep the used books. while not a fraction of the size of the rest of the store, i happened across a few gems that i have either been keeping my eye out for a while, or that i didn't know i absolutely needed until my eyes landed on the cover.

the feminine mystique - betty friedan {only fitting since i saw gloria steinem speak tonight}
little pear and his friends - eleanor frances lattimore {a book i remembered with a red cover that my mother read to us}
the alchemist - paulo coelho {one highly recommended by my meisner teacher, robin lynn smith}
einstein's dreams - alan lightman {a book of short stories and parables one of my fellow art mentor students introduced me to in december and i've had swirling about in my head for the past week or so}

and that's it for now. i put back a lovely cover...ha, a lovely book i picked out for it's cover. mrs dalloway but put back in favor of the feminine mystique.

and that's all.
for now.

No comments: