9.28.2010

facelift

hello my lovely readers. i just wanted to take a moment to inform you that in the past month or so i've realized that there are far more of you than i thought. somehow it's taken me a while to sink in that it's not just my mom and five of my friends {on a good day, and on a bad day just my mom} keeping tabs on what i write. so, with that in mind, as i head toward my 600th post, i am starting to take myself a little more seriously and give the site a long overdue face lift {suggestions from my design friends are more than welcome!}.

the current title image is temporary, but moving in the right direction, and i've also added a note to you all {yes, you} along the side. let me repeat here that i do, in fact, welcome your voice here whether it's just "hi, i'm stopping in" or "that reminds me of..." or "you know, i really don't have much to say to that, but {insert one or two words here...they can be expletives}." i know that these all post on facebook, which is a nice reminder to pop over and read, but if you could remember to leave comments here rather than on facebook, it keeps things a little more centralized {though don't let that get in the way of commenting at all}.

i am honored and grateful to know that so many folks from my past and present {all of whom i admire for their intelligence and discernment} choose to come back and read more. perhaps only in hopes that maybe it won't be about that band or that funny spelling thom man, but hey, i am still grateful no matter what the cause.

so thanks. again and again, thanks.

4 comments:

KT said...

Pretty!

John Z said...

Not 100% sold on the new top. I think it tells too much and doesn't leave enough to the imagination.

But it does look very nice.

nathania tenwolde said...

hey john, yes, you are right. but i always intended to take it out and just have an image and title {just red dress redress}. in the meantime, this acts like a little easter-egg for those still wondering why the title.

by the way, do you know html enough to help me with setting a fixed width photo at the top? the current template i'm using, which i very much prefer to the ones now available, frustratingly changes the size of the banner, so to the boarder around the image changes and leaves this awkward white space. :(

nathania tenwolde said...

and katie, love, thanks for stopping by. :)