1.14.2010

an anniversary

on this very day a year ago while on my way to work
i spent a good portion of the drive admiring the sun
burning it's way through the fog.

let's pretend i was riding the bus
{though i know for a fact i was driving my car}
as a pulled out my phone and snapped these photos:




but, it didn't stop there.
i turned around and immediately sent four of them to two of my friends,
and, in particular, the two people responsible for turning my lens toward the sky.

within days i had received pictures of their skies in my inbox
which multiplied themselves over days, and weeks, and months.
and now finally, a year later.

so i think it fitting that i received a postcard from one of them today with a photograph he took of a sun and then hear that my other friend, on the other side of the world finally received a postcard from me today, on this very anniversary {postal workers on strike caused extra delay}.

so, thank you two for playing throughout the year
and thank you everyone else for watching.

No comments: