6.25.2009

one year

one year ago today my grandfather died and i started this blog.
that was an end of an era for the mikesell family.
but some new was instantly manifest in the blog and in the writing.
i was writing not just for myself any more, not just for the closed covers of my handmade journals.

today, i took john to the airport in the {wee hours of the} morning as he moved away to hawaii.
that's an end of an another era: our friendship and our small community of friends.

and tonight, we have the meisner showcase.
the last act of a nine month ensemble class that i can't even begin to put into words right now {or much of the last five months, sadly}.
an end of a personal era.
of my first significant step in the direction of acting.

that is all i have to say now. my heart and body is simultaneously nervous and certain.

here we go.

1 comment:

John Z said...

Sorry I missed the show. I did want to see it after hearing so much about the class all this time.

Thank you so much for taking me to the airport. It meant the world to me. After all this time you're more like family than a friend and I needed that today.