6.29.2008

there and back again.

It's 10:30pm and I'm not even home yet. The day started with a bit of a hike through the family tree farm and too little sleep. But it was a perfect weekend; a perfect good bye. The lightning on the horizon both last night and on the drive home tonight was g l o r i o u s. As was the funeral. And my family. I'm pretty proud of my family and the fact that I am a Mikesell in blood if not in name. The joke at last summer's family reunion was that there were the Bloods (Grandpa and his 8 children), the Cryps (their spouses), and the half-bloods (us cousins).

My mind is running in circles which means my writing is more tangential than normal. So I should probably sign off before making myself (and perhaps you) dizzy.

And so, goodnight. We go over the top tomorrow.

Currently Listening To: Sigur Ros - Festival; the entirety of the new album actually.

No comments: