7.29.2013

the bear hug

this was a week to wrap up in my arms and hold tight for long minutes. this week deserves a big bear hug of generous love. the kind that keeps going, arms shifting, necks curling in toward each other, skin holding on too. this week deserves to be savored and held up to the sky to see through and again and again and again because the people adorning the hours, the ones i got to sit across from between last sunday to this one, they make it one of the richest weeks i have had in a long time.

it was a week of changing tides. it was a week of encouragement and words and spontaneity and bitter sweetness. but most of all, it was a week to remind me what my life truly is here, how it can change in the course of one conversation or one meal, and what direction i might need to go next. i know there are losses ahead of me and at the very least changes, but i feel a peace swell up even in the face of these shifting lines and all i can do is hug tighter and longer and sweeter with a pause to pull back, look out and say yes.

and as the sun comes up over the horizon on a new week, it brings with it the clarity i have long been praying for and the realization that my life is rich and filled with wonderful people. i just need to slow down and savor it more often, which can be as simple as giving it a big bear hug, especially when it surprises me with a bear hug of its own, catching me by surprise, and keeping me grateful. so completely grateful.


No comments: