8.10.2012

11 weeks

in eleven weeks, to the day, i turn 30.

this decade shift has been a long time in coming, slowly sidling up to me these past few months, whispering promises in my ear. but even so, it will still be scary and it will still be significant, more than just a number. so here, tonight, i want to mark the beginning of the final stretch as i rush forward to meet something i have been eyeing for a while now, tasting the flavor that lingers each time i say this new number:

30.
thirty.

i still have so much time.
i still have so far to go.

but right now, i have a few ambitious goals for the next few months {almost three}:

1. this week, as i promised myself, i have started training for my second half marathon, this time giving myself the full 12 weeks of ramp up and training instead of just one. i have a fairly ambitious goal in mind which i set before i considered the practicality of choosing a race at a high altitude. oops. i hear bend, oregon is pretty so at least i'll have a great view as i'm wheezing down the course. i'll be running two days after my birthday and it feels like the timing so perfectly marks the last stretch of my 20's with the focus and drive of the training as well as sets a good precedence for my 30's with a race two days in.

2. earlier in october, i'm going to fly down to texas, drive with my dp {director of photography} to alabama, then proceed to document my homecoming to bayou la batre, my hometown i have not seen in 19 years. ever since i graduated from undergrad in 2005 i knew there was a project waiting for me down there and finally i go down to find it. i am excited. i am terrified. more on this later.

3. i want to shift my sleep schedule so i am getting a healthy amount at a healthy time. {i also want to meditate more, but one change at a time.}

4. my apartment is a bit disheveled under the luxury of so much space. i want to clean up my act. poke around in the corners. hang up my birds. finish settling into the springboard of this space that keeps telling me all that i can look forward to in our relationship together that is really just beginning. and i want to invite you all in a few weeks to come and celebrate the summer, celebrate the journey and celebrate my new space {all meanings of the word}. more on this later too.

wish me luck.


No comments: