11.06.2009

one piece at a time

the people who know me best understand how critical it is that i have a home space that is put together.
settled.
stable.
and neat.
and every time i move the sole focus of my every spare second is spent in pursuit of a grounded and welcoming space until all the boxes are unpacked and every corner sings either rest or resonance.

but this time has been a bit of an exception while i have juggled a new job, personal attacks of varying natures, an my little brother's tumor, and it's only been the quickly pending housewarming on saturday {exactly two months after we moved in} that has gotten the final touches under way.

more photos soon, including the newest configuration of my color coded books, but in the meantime i'll give you a small taste.

this is the light fixture over the dining table and it was a collaborative project. az assembled the lights and i adorned it with fabric.

tell me what you think.

1 comment:

John Z said...

Nice change to see the fabric inside this time around. I like it. =)

How close to the table top is it? Can't tell from the photo.