8.16.2008

if you haven't been paying attention....


then take a moment and look up his 8 races. particularly #1, #7 and #8. pretty spectacular. the 4x100 free was my first hit of the phelps drug for me. found it randomly online at msn.com. absolutely unbelievable comeback, almost as good as his win in the 100m butterfly a few days later. i am my mother's daughter and undeniably guilty of tearing up watching his mother's reaction to his #7 win. she kept on holding up two fingers in shock long after the results were posted showing that he didn't take silver. the best moment is the split second before her legs give way and she has to sit down.

20 world records were set this olympics, more than the amount of the last two olympics combined. phelps set (or helped set) seven of them.

it's been a year and i really miss being in a pool.....




there is a large part of me that sings really loudly whenever i watch sports. not any old sport mind you, golf and football (of the american variety) will always numb me to sleep, but most anything else just sets me on fire - basketball, swimming, swimming, swimming, rowing, soccer, gymnastics... this is really frustrating since i have the perfect body for a rower, but never could get the determination and focus thing down on a consistent basis to go anywhere.

there must be some short circuit in my system that doesn't let me sit down and really drive into something. i always thought acting would be immune from this glitch, but i am finding that it will take a lot to retrain my fluid sense of focus. i guess in acting i hope i've found the one thing that will provide a worthy goal for myself - something worth tearing down this wall of mediocrity or "safe" excellence (never the best but most always above average) that i have built around myself to keep me in and most importantly safe.



currently listening to: the national anthem.

No comments: